The rek Gallery was established in 2020 as a commercial art gallery with the mission of bringing contemporary, edgy and unique works of art by southern-influenced artists to collectors and art lovers everywhere. In 2023, the gallery adapted an artist collective model, giving the gallery artists more control of the work shown while also taking advantage of the benefits a brick-and-mortar gallery has to offer.
Who We Are Looking For
The rek Gallery artist collective continually seeks solid, experienced artists with professional-level art to bring their unique vision to collectors. Artists with a distinctive voice and vision reflecting the contemporary, southern United States are always in demand. We love the unusual, the quirky, the eccentric, the uncommon. We’re a haven for the self-taught and the outsiders to show their stuff. We love traditional with an undercurrent of the non-traditional. We’re passionate about art that is weird and wonderful. Most of all, we love artists and art-lovers and we strive to create a space where everyone can be inspired and uplifted through art.
How It Works
Artists rent wall space in the rek Gallery to display their art. Each space has its own distinct features, allowing artists to show anything from traditional paintings to ceramics and pottery, to sculpture and 3D multimedia pieces.
Visit HERE for Wall Layout, Sizes and Current Prices.
All spaces are for a 3 month lease period and may be paid in one sum at the beginning of the contract or, for an additional $5 per month fee, month-to-month. Artists may only hang their own original art on the gallery walls. Prints may be sold in print bins at the front of the artist’s space. Additionally, artists may offer other “gift” type items at their space such as cards, mugs, clothing, etc. Each space includes 2 feet of space in front of the wall for print bins, racks or small tables/counters.
In addition to wall space, artists in the collective receive:
- Full-time, non-exclusive, gallery representation.
- We sell your work and pay the sales tax for you.
- Monthly sales reports.
- Artist Webpage, including head shot, bio, artist statement, CV, samples of work, and link to artist website. (Online gallery sales available for a minimal fee.)
- Regular feedback on your space, presentation, and artwork to help you increase sales.
- Free events and classes to help connect you with collectors and other artists
- Opportunity to schedule and utilize the featured gallery for a solo or group show at no cost.
- Website and social media promotion of your work.
- 2 hours per month free use of workshop/classroom space.
- and Much More!